The 2023 EDS Leadership Summit returns to the Mirage May 16‑19, 2023
Space registration will begin in late December 2022 and Attendee registration will begin in early 2023.
- Check out the Registration Information page for attendance options
- Whitelist email@example.com to receive EDS communications
- Early Space Reservation information is located under the green Registration tab at the top of the page
- Sponsorship information can be found in the Promotional Opportunities link, also at the top of the page.
Be well and we all look forward to seeing each other May 16 – 19 at EDS 2023!
The EDS Board thanks everyone who took the time to respond to the survey regarding EDS 2022. Your input is reviewed by the Board to learn how it may improve your business experience at the only industry event that brings together manufacturers and their distributors and rep firms for face-to-face meetings. In particular, the Board looks at the remarks made in the comment section. Such comments can be useful in clarifying questions that some attendees may have about EDS. Below are some of the more common questions and the Board’s response.
Why is EDS always held in Vegas rather than other cities?
The primary reason is that Vegas is the only city that has hotels with sufficient number of suites and meeting rooms to meet EDS’ specifications. The typical conference hotel in major U.S. cities has a limited number of suites and meeting rooms. Even in Vegas, there are only a limited number of hotels that have the requisite number of suites and are willing to sell those suites to EDS. The other factor is number of meeting rooms in a hotel. In other cities EDS would need to book multiple hotels or part of a convention center to get sufficient meeting room space.
There are some resort hotels, particularly in the Orlando area, that have an adequate number of suites. However, these properties are more family-oriented and are isolated from restaurants, entertainment and the airport.
Other convention cities, such as Chicago and New York, are vastly more expensive and lack the number of suites needed.
Why is EDS being held at the Mirage rather than another Vegas hotel?
Every three years, the EDS Board evaluates other hotels in Vegas to ascertain which properties are best suited for hosting the Summit. EDS Board has determined that the Mirage continues to be the best fit for our requirements. Here are some of the criteria that the Board uses to evaluate Vegas hotels:
- Are the suites spread across multiple floors and towers
- Can the suites accommodate meetings
- Can furniture be removed to accommodate business meetings
- Number of suites for various size meetings
- Will the hotel only sell its suites during EDS to registered EDS attendees?
- Do attendees have to use multiple elevator banks to reach the suites, i.e., ride down to central lobby to walk to another elevator bank?
- Are other guests also using the same elevator bank?
- How will the hotel handle the crowds during peak times?
- Distance from elevators to convention floor (less than 10 minutes and yes, we do time it)
- Number of meeting rooms in conference center
- Hotel room rates (the Board recognizes that not everyone can afford to stay at the Bellagio)
- Is EDS the only big event at the hotel or does EDS share space with other large events (in other words, does EDS get the entire attention of the hotel or may we play second fiddle to a larger event going on at the same time)?
- Room service and housekeeping to suites
- Is the hotel conveniently located to transportation, restaurants, entertainment, etc.?
EDS has and will continue to evaluate all hotels in Vegas. At this point, the Mirage rates the highest in meeting our criteria. In particular, the Mirage stands out with regard to suite location, room rates, and access and responsiveness in addressing issues such as elevators and room service.
What is happening to the Mirage as a result of Hard Rock’s acquisition?
The sale of the Mirage to Hard Rock has not been completed. As a result, there are no definite plans for what the new owner will do once the sale has been completed. However, widely published news accounts have pointed to the Mirage volcano/lagoon being torn down and replaced by a guitar-shaped hotel tower. There are no indications/rumors that the existing hotel and/or convention center will be torn down. Rather, there is strong speculation that Hard Rock will invest significant money to renovate the existing property to make it the company’s flagship property and showcase on the Las Vegas Strip.
Spark: An EDS Professional Development Program
Empower your organization’s next generation of leaders. The 2022 Spark program is currently in development.
“EDS is fast paced. So pace yourself”
Dave Norris, president of Norris and Associates on getting the most out of EDS.
Safety at the Mirage
MGM Resorts is committed to ongoing engagement with medical experts as well as federal, state, and local officials for the health and safety of our guests and employees. We have taken the important lessons learned during the pandemic and embedded them into many parts of our operations.