Who can participate in EDS?
- GENERAL STATEMENT: Participation in EDS is limited to manufacturers of electronic components and their authorized distributors and independent field sales representatives who support the EDS mission.
- EDS may from time-to-time open participation in EDS to businesses that are members or affiliates of the sponsoring associations and are not manufacturers, distributors or reps if event space is available and such participation does not conflict with the purpose and mission of EDS.
- MISSION STATEMENT: The mission of EDS is to provide an annual sales and marketing leadership summit facilitating meetings for businesses that are primarily engaged in the authorized sale of electronic components and related technologies.
- MANUFACTURER is defined as a business that has manufactured for it or manufactures under its own name/brand electronic components and/or related technologies/parts.
- DISTRIBUTOR is defined as a business that derives more than 50% of its revenue from the contractually authorized sale of electronic components and/or related technologies/parts.
- INDEPENDENT FIELD SALES REPRESENTATIVE (REPS) is defined as a business that is contractually retained by manufacturers to market and sell electronic components and/or related technologies/parts.