Fraud Alert – EDS 2024
EDS Management has been made aware that companies who have participated at EDS in the past are being contacted by phone and email by individuals claiming to represent EDS Management regarding space at EDS, registration for EDS or booking hotel rooms for EDS.
All registrations and space assignments for EDS are handled directly through the EDS website or individual communications with a member of EDS Management and all sleeping room bookings are handled through the official Mirage/Hard Rock booking link that is received when an EDS registration is confirmed.
Ways to help spot a fraudulent email:
- EDS uses specific branding in all communications. If an email looks out of line with that branding, it is likely not legitimate. EDS registration also opens in phases. Look for official communications for companies with meeting space at EDS 2024 in October/November of 2023 and an email with the required registration password for Rep and Distributor registration in January of 2024.
- Check the email address domain.
- Examine the sender’s display name.
- Look for misspelled words.
- Hover over any links or attachments and do not open links if you are suspicious.
EDS registrations, space assignments or hotel room bookings that are made with a company other than EDS Management are not valid and will not be honored. EDS is not liable for any payment made or transfer of funds to any third party fraudulently purporting to be or represent EDS.
If in doubt, please contact EDS Management directly.